Friday, December 3, 2010

My Favorite Christmas CD's

I have a confession to make. I've started listening to Christmas music for a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. (Please don't anything at your computer screens, I can explain!)

Traditional Christmas music has a place in my heart and on my ipod near the 22nd to the 25th of December. I can take Deck The Halls and Rudolph for so only so long. Like eggnog, a little goes a LONG way.

I do love artists and melodies that convey the energy and essence of the winter season. I have searched far  and wide to find artists/albums are ones that I do not tire of. The following are my favorite ones. The voices are pure, beautiful and moves me into a higher state of opening to and embracing the essence and joy of winter. I have a feeling you may like them to.

1. Mediaeval Baebes~ Mistletor & Wine (anything with wine in the title has to be great doesn't it?!)

2. Enya~And Winter Came (Enya, enough said!)

3. Loreena McKennitt (my absolute "haunting and mysterious voice)

4. Michael Tilson Thomas~ Music To Your Ears (this is actually a collection of holiday music presented by At&T. I have no idea how or where it came from I think it might have been a Hallmark freebie/giveaway at one time. It includes Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, which I love!

5. The Ware Patterson Duo~An Angel's Noel (flute and guitar music)

6. Anna Maria Mendieta~Enchanted Christmas (harp and new chamber ensamble)

7. Home For the Holidays Disc A (my favorite "vintage tunes")

Please note I did note included Home For the Holidays, Disc B, because it has "All I Want For Christams is My Two Front Teeth. Two years ago my son's burned me out on the song. It is now banned from the ipod and any speakers in this home.

Enjoy the music and let the celebrations begin!
Happy Ho, Ho, Ho to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment