Monday, December 13, 2010

Yummy-Ummy Cheesy Bread


I'm a bit late with today's post; though I doubt anyone is holding me accountable and holding a deadline above my head. Probably wouldn't work anyway, at least not this week. I'm in the midst of another busy month. Thankfully we are all feeling good. I kept my young daughter at home today thinking she had the flu, she was very "clingy" and complained of a tummy ache so I thought it best she say with Mama. I should have sent her......little miss ball of energy and mischief!

I am pounding away on the key board today, doing those necessary things involved with career and daily life. I have an office to shape up, a basement that needs severe attention and a craft room that has once again become messy~I think the only way to keep this place neat and tidy would be to move out! Even then, the dust would likley overtake the place and I'd be complaining about that!

I did enjoy a brief period of rest yesterday. Chad and I "tweaked" a few things in the hen house. I am happy to report my coop is complete. We installed hinges for the adorable little roost and added a necessary electric waterer. The temperature this morning was a balmy 11 degress above zero. Our counterparts in the northern and eastern part of the state got snow over the weekend, luckily we did not. I spent a glorious morning outside yesterday watching my chickens peck and scratch. After chores, I filled a big mug of hot coffee and plopped my behind on top of the tomato tank to watch the antics of my birds. How fun! (I know, it really takes very little to entertain me.) I realized that this was a moment I've been waiting to enjoy for a long, long time! I've been so focused on getting everything organized, done, completed, set, fixed, situated and all the above that I hadn't really stoped to ENJOY! I think I spent the better part of an hour out there, and then went through the rest of my day smiling and feeling quite refreshed. I may need to head back out to the coop. My boys just got home and they are loud!!! I can tell I'm going to need to channel "super mommy power" to get through this evening!

So without further ado, let me share with you this fabulous cheesy bread. It's "da bomb" baby!

Cheesy Bread


1 loaf bakery French bread
8 oz. pkg. sliced Swiss cheese or American slices or a combination of both
2 T. onion, chopped
1 T. dry mustard
1 T. poppy seeds
1 t. season salt
2 sticks margarine, melted

*kitchen scissors
*wet wash cloth

Using a serrated bread knife, cut slits in the breakd, going all the way through. Spray foil with Pam, and put the break on a large piece of foil, then on a cookie sheet. In the slits place pieces of cheese. I take the slices out and cut them hin half with kitchen sheers. I then put either one or two half slices in between each slit. Combine the last 5 ingredients and pour over the bread. Wrap the foil around the bread. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

Let the bread cool slightly and then cut slices apart. The slices can then be halved to smaller pieces. The bread is a delicious, sticky, gooey mess! (I just sliust want you to be prepared!) It won't last long though so be sure to grap your piece right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment