Thursday, December 30, 2010

First Cash.........


Chad came in last night with a large smile on his face. In "Polar Express" style he announced, "The first gift from chickens"................! Translated this means that I sold my first couple dozens of eggs!

We are now getting about 9 eggs a day and have way more than what we can use, so I am selling to those interested in buying farm fresh eggs and I do mean FRESH! It's been a number of years since I've had the joy of feasting on fresh eggs and I must say it is a treat. The yolks are a dark, gorgeous orange, not yellow like the ones in the store. These girls are fed very good grain and luscious green scraps of veggies that they devour quickly. I'll be expanding my culinary skills as soon as I get a few things caught up. I have some custards, cheese cakes and other goodies that I am going to bake up. First thing is to get this house back in shape!

Break time is over. Hope you are enjoying the remainder of 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment