Monday, September 13, 2010

This Was The First Batch

I am now 28 jars richer. Today's canning kitchen project focused on pickles: bread and butter as well as kosher dill.

I am seriously rethinking my garden size for 2011. I had thought of selling produce at local Farmer's Markets but never got myself there. I guess I'll ponder that this winter. My reasons for gardening and canning, when I started this gig two years ago was to reduce our food bill, eat healthier and closer to home (you don't get much closer than a few steps from your front door!) I still am all for those reasons, I just have to keep repeating them these days. I think this is the most produce I've ever canned.

I thought I had the perfect excuse to quit today. I ran out of jars. Darn. To my dismay, Chad gleaned four large, forgotten boxed of empty jars and brought them to the house. Darn again. And......sigh. I rolled up my sleeves and finished. I'm waiting for the final batch of the night to get done bathing.

I have an early rise tomorrow. I have an MRI to see what's behind the nagging, constant ache in my knee and then there are a few errands and I'll be home. Back in the kitchen again. Tonight, and I almost can't believe I'm typing this, I am ready for winter. At least the part with cozy blankets, hot tea, good books, a warm dog and NO garden! I'm sure my attitude will turn around eventually. If not, I'll take my frustrations out while munching on crispy pickles!

This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment