Monday, September 20, 2010

Bubble Time.....

I'm taking a rare break this evening. I know I should've already fed my children by now and had supper cleaned up. Instead we elected to take a walk after homework and then enjoy the ensuing cool down. There are rain clouds looming in the west, I can feel the soft drops of rain as I type this.

Its felt like strange all dat today. Looking foggy and overcast yet remaining in the upper 80's and into the 90's. Its quite grim and grey and just the type of evening that makes me hunker down and appreciate home.

The wind has not let up and I hear thunder in the distance. I know I'll be heading indoors soon, but just for now, I'm pausing to officially welcome autumn and her signature sensations; the smell of pumpkin pie, spiced cider, popcorn, caramel apples, and homemade soup, lanterns lighted in the evening, reading books by the fire and snuggling down with the ones you love.

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment