Monday, November 29, 2010

The North Pole?

Sure feels like it! I was out earlier and did chores as fast as I could. We have an incredibly strong north wind today and man, is she vicious. This is a "screen door killer" for sure. Ours is already hashed and in need of replacement, so it doesn't bother me when it slams hard enough to knock the glass out! It's been re hinged three times already. It's got character now so we'll likely keep it on until spring!

We're settling into our routine after a fabulous time in Durango with family. Though I love Nebraska and always will, the mountains are calling to me, and I am having a hard, hard time staying put. I want so badly to load up and head west. I've always felt this way, but the older I get, the stronger that urge becomes! I LOVE waking up in the mountains, my outlooks shifts, my cares lighten, and I find myself better able to relax.. My ideal location is where I can ride my bike until it snows and then....skii. I'm not a fan of snow and cold, but if that is present, there just as well be a mountain in view!

I'm working on at least two hiking expeditions next summer and possibly a flight to the northwest so that helps. For now, I have plenty to keep me occupied. My month is already filling and I do need to focus. I'll spare you the details except to say that I'll likely be living out of my REI daypack for the next four weeks. I will be home most nights, tucked into the comfort of my warm, cozy bed, but the days will be full, full, full!

Tomorrow I'll post a recipe for the best darn cheese bread this side of the rockies! You're peeps are sure to love this! It goes great Husker Football and chilly (right Zeb, Nell, Jess and Jeni??!!) It's also fabulous for Christmas and New Year's gatherings.

If you have a recipe you'd like to share, consider posting it in the comment section below or send me an email!

Stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. I hear your longing for mountain life. This August I visited the Rockies via Butte, Montana and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It must be what heaven looks like. Unbelievable serenity...

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that areas is gorgeous. I haven't been to Coeur d'Alene but I hear it is an amazing, beautiful place. I agree, heaven HAS to have mountains!

    ReplyDelete