Monday, November 22, 2010

My Early Christmas Present

In addition to the wonderful gift, of the removal of the blue storage unit away from the picture window, my coop was finished last!!!!

This is a picture of the view directly as one enters the door; Chad built this cool shelf, enclosed the wall and added a door to get to the hens. This is like my "big girl playhouse"....I LOVE it! By Spring, I hope to have old metal garden chairs and a little table right near the pen. I can't think of a better way to relax with an ice cold glass of tea!

Already the chores are easy. Grain and hay for the goats is right inside. The hydrant is footsteps way. The coop has electricity and even an adorable little roost, (also added last night!)

We now have five hens with more on the way. I hope to be in the egg selling business soon, time will tell.

I'm happy to have a warm place for my hens, we didn't get this done any too early. Temps have been in the 20's, tonight it's a balmy 18 degrees. Yuck. I am not a fan of cold anywhere except inside of freezers. Outside feels just one. I hope the sun shines more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment