Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Halloween Tree

I'll admit, this may be a little over-the-top! I'm one that often comments on how we don't have time to enjoy the present season before retail stores are putting the next season's good on shelves! So I am questioning what feels and looks like a fab idea!

I fell in love with this tree as soon as I laid eyes on it. First, it's my color! Second, when I saw it, I had an instant vision of antique toys nestled under the branches. I've been pining for a "girlie" tree, one that is simple, fresh and fun, one that I can haul upstairs myself and one that requires little to zero clean-up. My idea of a Christmas tree is as follows: grab, fluff and display!

Though I adore Christmas, I despise laborious decorating. I have a blast going with my family to choose a tree but past that, I turn it over to the pros! I am not known for my patience in hanging each and every precious ornament. Pass. I'd rather whip up something tasty to sip or much after the tinsel has been put on. It's a long story and maybe I'll write about it sometime; for now, suffice to say....elaborate tree decorating is not my bag baby!

So after the cleaning and reorganization today, I rewarded myself with the delight of putting this "champagne" tree together! It's so pretty and the colors compliment fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving. Now that is what I call a multi-purpose tree! (I hope I won't be tired of it in another month?)

BS was happy to help me throw some little pumpkins on the branches. We placed bigger ones around the base and presto-chango', we have ourselves a cute, little Halloween tree!

Interestingly, I've been so darn busy that I haven't put out any Halloween decorations. Oh, we'll soon drag out the pumpkin carving paraphernalia and creepy music but we won't go all out this year. We'll be traveling Friday and Saturday and home in time Sunday to make the rounds so we'll focus on "turkeys" from here on out.

I'm not sure how long this baby will stay up but I as I write I just had a vision of pheasant feathers sticking out of the branches.....hummmmm! I think its a keeper!

What do you think? Crazy? Ridiculous? Cool? Creative? I need more fresh air! Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

Happy Fall Ya'all!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Love you! Think it's great....I haven't put any halloween decorations up this year yet.....none....nada......zip.... I need to get crack-a-lackin'.....at least get HARVEST stuff up..... maybe buy a pumpkin or two....my poor rugrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your comment! Love you too! Pumpkins are the best decor.....and compostable! Bonus!!! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete