Thursday, July 8, 2010

The River


Remember I said I would post pic of rainbows? Here it is. I've loved looking at rainbows since I was a young girl. Every time I see one it is always a good omen. No matter what I am doing, no matter what I am worried about, it's always turns out great. I make a wish as soon as i see one and then..............I send my hope to the clouds.

Parker's birthday was on Sat. We took a four hour tube trip down the beautiful Niobrara River. Though I would love to say it was "heaven" with an 11 and 9 year old, it was not exactly that. It was loud, it was fun but it was certainly NOT peaceful. There's something about being on the river that makes the world right though, even in the face of distraction and brother fighting.

When we got back to camp, we promptly fired up the grill and ate a quick bite. Then it commensed to rain. For a while, it poured. Parker's cake was a soggy, damp mess, so we bypassed that and went straight to opening presents (he didn't mind, this is a child that requested watermelon in lieu of cake for his 6th birthday!)

We had a fun night, in spite of the rain storm. The boys got to camp and Mama got a real bed (I used to love to camp but NOT with a cranky 5-year old. No Thanks!)

I captured tons of pictures as I stood in awe of this brilliant rainbow. I am pretty sure I know where my post of gold is!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment