Thursday, August 12, 2010

This is what I'm up against.....



As much as I can, I have been avoiding this pit of a room. I have walked by, closed my eyes and just given a toss to whatever item was in my hand. I have to admit, that part has been pretty fun. I see something and I just toss it to the right as I walk by. Sooner or later, I knew this reckless behavior would catch up with me. It has.
I have put it off as long and I can and now I have to roll up my sleeves and dive in. I’ve managed to stay in my office, and attend to other tasks and I now realize my procrastination must end. We are approaching an insanely busy line-up for the remainder of August. I will be home Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have three days to pull off a cleaning and organizing feat, the likes of which I haven’t mastered in my adult life.

Pryce’s room, the downstairs and my beloved craft room need attention ASAP. I want this all cleared, clean, organized and beautified before we hit the road. It is official now that we’ve booked a room, we are headed on a quick vacation/hiking adventure very soon. I didn’t expect this. I was planning on being right here at the ‘ol ponderosa, but I’m sure not complaining at all! I actually think it could be invigorating to see new country and be on the road for a bit.

I have a lot to do between now and then. I will be processing dilly beans for my favorite brother, I have a newsletter to sew together, wonderful client sessions to facilitate, beans and cukes to pickle, corn to freeze, tomatoes to pick, goats to walk and an entire house to clean and organize. Let’s not forget packing, always packing.
Next week my spouse is home for an entire 24 hours. Two of my helpers are going to hang out with their Grandma J. I have a road trip east planned for Wednesday, full day in town on Thursday and home Friday to pack. We could leave as early as Saturday. We’ll fly home in time for the Old Settler’s Reunion on the 28th. Chad will be at a rodeo on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. The kids start school on Wednesday. We leave Friday to celebrate Z and L’s marriage! Yay! Yay! Yay! We are sooo excited for this event!
So that’s my life. Fast forward, roller coaster speed, buckle the belts, hang on, yippie………..
I’m focusing now. I have an hour before we leave to celebrate my nephew’s birthday. I’ve successfully managed to procrastinate one more day of not entering the “disaster zone”!

It MUST BE DONE. If you see no further posts beyond this one, please come find me. It will mean that I’ve fallen under a landslide of stuffed animals and useless trinkets and that I can’t get out! I’ll repay you with garden produce and the tastiest GML (goat’s milk latte) that you’ve ever had. I will be grateful to you for the rest of my life. (Aren’t I so good with drama?!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment