Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Rodeo's Aftermath

If you haven't already figured it out, I'll just say this.....I am not a fan of endless piles of laundry. I don't know a lot of people who are. last weeks was more than taxing; I did the brunt of the chores, garden and other errands that are typically shared by the family. I was ready for extra hands by week's end.

This week, I am most content to have children and Chad closer to home. What I forgot about was that during their gallyvanting (is that a word?) across the country, no Mama was there to do their laundry. Being the thoughtful boys they are, they brought it ALL home to me. Thanks boys, thanks so much!

I've torn into the two-mile pile with gusto at 8 am. In the midst of whipping up ice cream, washing beans, cleaning floors,cleaning the bathroom doing dishes and other household tasks, necessary but too boring to mention, I shared the task of hanging these babies up to dry with their owner. Spark was happy to help. In all the complaining I do, I have to say I'm very thankful to have a son who genuinely loves to help. He does so with a smile on his face, happy to be of service. He actually sets a positive example for his mother!

I'm thinking we'll use this week to clean and reorganize. It amazes me how far behind I can get in relatively short blocks of time. Its time to can beans again and soon, I hope the tomatoes will come on. They are slow to ripen, probably thanks to the lovely "goat munchings" that took place in May. We also need to work on the water system. They aren't getting enough water and the rains seem to be missing us. It's hot and humid, perfect weather for tomatoes, don't you think?!

This looks like a fairly quiet week, which I am welcoming with open arms. I have a few developments to report but I'll wait until tomorrow to share when I know more! It involves a car and.....a trip. We have somr thinking and planning to do. Things could not look more different this summer from what I was thinking in May. Somedays I really have to wonder if I hit a wrong button somewhere! Its not bad, just different and nothing has gone according to plan. I guess its time to make a new path. The old one just hasn't been very smooth.

Oh well, there's always golf, right when I need it most, to give me something different to think about!

Have a great evening, wherever you are sweating your tail off tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment