Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mama I'm soaked!

Today was THE PERFECT sprinkler day. Altogether, it was just a pretty perfect day and please know I use that word sparingly!

I've had an awesome week; I've been blessed to work with six clients/friends that I adore. The courage and awareness that come through these beings are truly awe-inspiring! I am deeply honored to share guidance, insight and support as it comes through. In return, what a joy to feel their love and support coming through to me! Isn't it amazing that when we do what we love, we are free to offer that loving support to others? It sure feels that way to my heart! Thank you Sweet Ones, keep up the FANTASTIC forward movement! Rock on!!!

So after an awesome morning session, we hooked up with our buddies and had a little play time. The four boys, P, T, T and P hit the pool to cool off and splash around. Their names and ages are coincidentally close together and not at all planned that way! Their Mama, one of my BFF's, and I just holler "BOYS" really loud instead of going through the tongue twister of names. We've found that "Hey YOU" works too! (For the record, my boys absolutely despise being called their sister's name but she has no problem when she is called one of theirs! She's now dropped the P in each of their names and added an H (in honor of her BFF) to "Hakie" and "Harker". They.....hate this too. Isn't that what siblings are for?!?!)

As the boys played in the water the girls hit the greens. Yes, it was HOT, but there were sprinklers, BIG ones! Without any hesitation, Blue Sparkle ran straight for the jets! I wish I would've recorded her giggles and squeals of utter delight. She came back to the cart soaking wet! This is what I captured.

I forget sometimes how important spontaneous, simple joys are. Running through a sprinkler on a hot day, hearing the laughter of a child, a hug from an old friend, turning up your favorite song on the radio and singing at the top of your lungs, the first taste of sweet corn, hitting a golf ball on the green on #6, watermelon juice running down your cheek, coasting down the river on an tube, watching a sunset, listening to the crackle of a campfire and being surrounded by people you love and people who love you, right back......even those living hours, states or countries away!

In all the movement I've been involved in, I really haven't taken much time to stop, listen, and open to all the wonderful people and blessings that are already here, dancing in my life!
I didn't get soaked with water today, but I did get soaked, completely saturated,with the awareness of how fortunate we all are to be living in this time and in this place and with wonderful people and pets. We have homes, cars, clean, running water, electricity and food! we have SO many blessings it may be impossible ti count then all. In fact, I dare you to try! Why such a bold dare? When you start to recognize what you already have, you begin to notice more and more of the same! Blessings multiply.

Please know I do realize some of you are in tough places at this time so my enthusiasm, while meant to be inspiring may not feel that way as you read these words. Maybe you are sad tonight, maybe your little boy or girl is headed off to college, maybe a job is ending, maybe you've had to say good bye to a loved one? The good thing about getting "soaked" is that all your senses are open, you are blessed with the ability to feel and.....to feel deeply. Sadness and pain, happiness and joy are all part of this human experience. High and lows are not what define us, instead it is our ability to perceive love, no matter what the situation is. Being able to know and truly FEEL that you love and knowing someone loves you is the "raft" that keeps us floating during any "soaking".

Tonight's post is dedicated to my life-long friend, Jamie Dee, in memory of her Grandad Covey.

This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment