Saturday, May 29, 2010

First Milk

Once again I'm blogging on the run. I've been up since 6:30 trying to get a few chores knocked out.

I am feelong overwhelmed and way behind about now. The garden needs mulched and weeded, chicken bedding needs changed and I won't even go into details about the inside of the house.

Most of this is overshadowed by the fact that our dairy goat, Egypt is finally here. I haven't gotten a lot milk yet but then again, I don't have a lot of fridge space either. The kids were all fighting over who would get it on their cereal this am. The winner.....ME! I'm the only one up!

I've never done anything like this. What I can say right now is it is a good thing my goat is patient and sweet. I'd be in trouble otherwise.

So many thoughts and ideas are here, I'll have plenty to write about when I find the time to do so. The thing I most wish for right now is the energy to enjoy it. I'm flat exhausted. I feel like a new mommy, all over again. The difference is, I can lock these kids in the barn and we're all happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment