Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Times Marches On



Cowboy Quote of the Day:

"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened."

~Dr. Seuss


Tomorrow is a day that I have not been looking forward to. I knew it would come and yet there’s a part of me that’s been silently resisting it. My baby goes to Kindergarten Round-up tomorrow. She turns six on Saturday. The time has literally flashed before my eyes.

I think back to this week six years ago. I was completing my last week of teaching 5th and 6th graders. They had a fun little party and on Friday night I went home with the idea that I’d take the following week to play with Parker and get the baby room set up. I hadn’t had that much time to myself in…..(well, since 1998 when Pake was born!)

It wasn’t to be though. We went to a wedding reception in Sutherland the next evening and by 11:36 that night, we welcomed a tiny, adorable baby girl into our hearts. I have LOVED every minute of being home with her. I have not once looked back and wished for anything differently. And now, as time rolls on, we begin a new chapter.

Pryce is more than ready to go to school. She is happy and enthusiastic about learning. I can’t say that I am ready for the transition yet I know resisting it is pointless. I am smiling on all that has happened, truly we’ve been blessed with so many joyful experiences and I trust that we will continue to be. This is a milestone, the first of many that we’ll encounter together.

I know things change. We can’t possibly stop changes that are a natural part of the reality we live in. We also don’t do ourselves justice by living in the past and replaying those happy times because in doing so, we miss the gifts that are directly in front of us right now.

I have a lot of reasons to smile and the tears just affirm that I feel deeply, magically, unconditionally loved and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment