Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Come On Out Here Mafia Wives

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8


Cowboy Quote of the Day:
"My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing."
~ Emo Philips


Every now and then I’ll turn on tv and listen to the morning news while I tidy up the kitchen. It’s not like coffee, I can go without GMA. Today I listened/watched with amusement as they interviewed four “mafia wives”. Interesting; I saw their fancy dresses and footage of the one with long black hair and a fur coat getting into the back of the car to be driven to who-knows-where.

The next image I saw was a greening pasture with seven horses grazing in the south pasture. I looked at my attire, white shirt with turquoise roses and my old “chore” pants. I’m dressed pretty nice from the waist up, no reason to wear anything decent for feeding animals. I’ll put on something “town worthy” in a couple of hours when I join BS at Kindergarten Round Up.

Thinking further, if producers truly wanted to create a captivating reality show, they should bring the mafia wives here, to a Midwestern farm-ranch location. I bet those gals, "glamed out" in their stilletos, would have had a ball fixing fence with us the other night. Oh it was a joy, let me tell you. It took only two hours to cut brush and overgrown plumb thickets out of the fence line and another hour to dig post holes, stretch the decrepit wire and pound staples in. The finish product looks like a work of art, the likes of which I doubt will ever make it to an east coast gallery, but it should. A straight fence says a lot……………

No comments:

Post a Comment