Monday, April 25, 2011

Dad n Daughter


Cowboy Quote of the Day:
"You can't turn back the clock but you can wind it up again." ~Bonnie Prudden

If you've been reading this blog then you already know I've had a bit of a struggle with my current transition. It is amazing to think that six years ago today we brought home our teeny tiny girl. I snapped this photo one evening after Chad had got done fixing fence. I loved the dark blue sky in the background and though I don't remember for sure, I plunked the girl in his arms and said, "smile"! He's always a really good sport.

I have been lamanting about the passage of time and how much I'm going to miss having my girl at home with me in the fall, however I want to dispell any possibility that I miss it enough to have another! We're good.

We are certainly going to be winding up the clock this summer. I am pretty excited that the kids are all old enough to be riding and roping, hiking camping, swimming golfing,fishing and participating with us on our various adventures. Typcially Chad is getting ready to rodeo right about now, though he mentioned the other day that he may not go as hard as he did in the past. This was unwelcome news to the boys who did their best to encourage him to continue (they LOVE to go to rodeos and have learned that it gets them out of lawn mowing and other less-than-fun tasks about the place.) We'll see what happens, if he so chooses to stay at home, we have more than enough projects to keep him busy.

Baseball starts soon. Followed by golf league, starting for me tomorrow night (c'mon weather, straighten up will ya?!) We have horses that need to be legged up, a garden to finish planting, various outside projects that I only feel like doing when the sun is out. We have brandings, a wedding and, AND, AND a trip to Moab at the end of May! (I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!) I have a feeling we are in for a busy, fast paced summer. So instead of looking back I am focused on embracing all that is coming down the line. This spring has required focus and determination and now I am ready for a little a lot of FUN!

What is it that you are MOST looking foward to this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment