Friday, April 8, 2011

My Afternoon Indulgence

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8


I’ve recently indulged in this lovely canister, filled to the brim with Blueberry Bliss and Pineapple Kona Pop. I don’t usually buy fancy teas, in fact, I most often brew up the herbs from my own garden and those that I purchase in bulk that don’t grow easily or aren’t as prevalent my neck of the woods. When I’m at home, I brew loose leaves, though I take tea bags along whenever I travel. As we all know it’s much healthier than soda and makes water a bit more…..interesting!

About 10 years ago, while taking my professional training to become a Feng Shui Consultant I came across a wonderful store in the mall, Teavana! It lived up to it's name; it was like walking into tea heaven for me. I had a difficult time deciding which ones to buy. Since I was on a tight budget I opted for a couple of small bags. I don’t even remember the name but I do recall it had chocolate pieces and sunflower leaves. I used it very sparingly and made it last for a year.

On a recent excursion, I came across a Teavana store at the Flat Iron Crossing Mall. Heaven, revisited. I only had a short time and their selections had expanded since the last time I walked through the doors. Though at anytime I could buy tea on-line, there’s something special, magical about being in a tea store where you get to smell and savor and taste test! I landed on this combination, and WOW! It was LOVE at first taste. The sample had been sweetened slightly with German Rock Sugar, which I did not purchase. I am blessed with a brother/family that provides me with delectable honey from North Central Nebraska. I also splurged on this adorable tea cup, saucer, strainer and lid…..with BIRDS! (see previous posts if this is confusing!)

I spent 9 years of my life drinking Dr. Pepper at 2 pm to get over the afternoon sludge. When I left teaching to be at home with my daughter, I still experienced tired time and a craving for soda. I replaced that craving with herbal teas. I take a 10 minute break to heat the water, brew the tea and sip. That’s all I do for that time. My mind races, I think of all the things I need to do by the time the kids burst in the door and I don’t respond. I just sip.

I could add up the money I would spend on soda and compare it to the cost of the tea but I can already tell that this canister of tea will last MUCH longer. It also contains vital nutrients. Add the honey super-food and savor; nothing to feel guilty about here! “Thank you Ma’am, I’ll have another!”

What’s your healthy indulgence? Please share in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment