Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ready, Set, Studio

Day Two of the Pages and Paint Workship begins today. I'm super excited for this venture. I've spent the ENTIRE month of June cleaning, clearing and preparing so that I would be able to fully dive into the experince. I knew this would be difficult if I was distracted by clutte r and disorganization....I met my goal of going through every room, every closet and every shelf (PHEW!) My main tasks now the daily duties of laundry, dishes, cooking prep and clean-up and just making sure everything gets put away so that I can just C R E 8 T E this month!!!

And here it is. I'm flashing this "neat n tidy" picture as a reminder of what it was like before I started this experince. My craft room has been cleaned and straightened in many times, the sad thing is, it hasn't been used to its full potential. This is a room I've dreamed of having for 18+ years. So many things have distracted me from it. It is on the lowest level and furtherst room away from the activity. That's both good and bad. Good because it will feel like I'm actually getting away from the chaos, bad because it's not nearly as accessible as my dining room table, where I do most of my cre8tive activities (you know, Mama/multitasker....stir the spaghetti, type a little, edit a picture, sketch a quick idea, unload the dishwasher...)

My main goal this month is to consciously dedicate time this month to actually be in my studio. My other "mission" is for this beautiful space to actully work as a studio and that will mean "cuyestomizing" it to my tastes...so a little tye-dye, peace signs, pictures of Subarus and mountains?!?!

I have a feeling as I explore this new aspect of my being, the space around me will change as well. It always does. What's on the outside is a reflection of what's on the inside. So I'm quite interested to see what's really "under the hood". What exactly as been hiding out under my skin and within my cells?!!?! Believe me, I'll be just as surprised as you!

I'll be posting pics of my progress and of course my reflections as they come through. If any of you would like to join me in cre8tive explorations this month...feel free to post your goals, progress and even pictures here on the blog, facebook or for the more timid peeps (I feel your pain!) Feel free to email me (You KNOW you have my total support and encouragement!) Go to the edge of the personal boundaries and start pushing....I'll be right there cheering you on! For someone that "gave up" on drawing and painting at the age of 10 this is a GIANT leap for me. Wheeeee, here we GO!





No comments:

Post a Comment