Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Eye Candy....



Seriously. This. Turns. Me. On.

These COLORS ignite my creative passion. Thanks to the Pages and Paint class, I've becoming more aware of the colors around me, and especially what resonates. I've never been a "pink" sort of girl but I love the muted tones of my "flamingo" tea cup. I've also not been a huge fan of yellow but that too is ch ch ch changing.

Our world is full of amazing color combinations. I was up at dawn this morning and hiked to the top of the hill. I often forget how beautiful this view is. Though we are in a very dry cycle, there is still plenty of green to be seen. A light spray of humidity rose above the canyon and not a trace of a breeze was present. It was just me, the three dogs and the sounds of a bob white. It was serene. I spied flaming reds and gorgeous orange hues from some bushes along the canyon rim and I also noticed a few turning leaves, which make me want to savor, collect and hold all these summer colors. I'm going out later today, armed with a camera and sketchbook. I'm going to do my best to make summer last as long as it can.

2 comments:

  1. Say cowgirl, the emergent colors of your creative passion are getting more beautiful by the day--keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! THANKS SO MUCH! i APPRECIATE THE WONDERFUL SUPPORT AND SWEET COMMENT! XOXO

    ReplyDelete