Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gettin There

Hi All,

It has been awhile since I last posted and so this is just a little catch up! Thanks for all the very sweet comments and encouragements to "get to writing again"! I hear you and I'll do my best to keep up!

We wrapped up a very busy school year and since then, I've spent my days trying to reacclimate to having all five of us, in the same dwelling at the time. Not an impossible feat but one that is requiring extreme patience on my part. Fighting children and not my cup o' tea. That may be a post for later.

I also spent time at the end of every school year going through the entire house; top, bottom, left, right, up, down, every nook and cranny is seen. This is a great feeling in the end but a daunting taks to do it the "right way".

I feel I've come far though I still have a long path to do. Next week, I'll be back in the trenches aka the basement family room, craft room, storage room, boys' bedrooms. Right now it looks like nothing of the serene, neat, tidy organized image I have in my mind. I can say it is lived in and played in.......

It does sometimes feel like all I write about is cleaning, organizing and cleaning some more but sadly, that's about what I get done! Having three growing children demands that I stay on top of laundry, dishes, food prep and all things household and motherly.

And for some strange reason I feel much more cre8tive when my enviornment is in order. That said, I'm cleaning for another reason. I'm going to venture deep into my being and excavate a part of me that was lost a long, long time ago.....I'll be taking a painting class in July. In fact, I've dedicated July to playing, exploring and creating! I'm in the process of gathering supplies this month. I have butterflies and jitters (of my own making) to remind me that the unknown can still offer me routes to old fears and blockages (am I good enough? Do I have what it takes?) Etc.

I've never felt like I've found my stride, let alone hit it. I'm still looking. I've got some better ideas of who I am as a person and the sights, events and practices that resonate but there's still plenty of room for exploration and expansion.

I'm taking today off to rest. My body is demanding it. I've got a strange little cold and so I'm not pushing through that to do list with the gusto I had last week. I'll sit out a few days, tie up some details and then roll up the ol sleeves to begin the quest on Monday.

I post this for those friends who feel like their cleaning conquest never ends. It doesn't. I also post this as a sign that I not only teach the clearing clutter and organization classes, I directly apply the pracitce in my space!

Transformation is here and  I'm in! What projects are you looking forward to this summer? What dream are you following and allowing yourself to experince?

Feel free to share in the comments below. And yes, I promise more "musings" to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment