Thursday, October 1, 2009

Betcha Didn't Know This!

 
 


Today I busted out the tuque. It is cold and windy and totally worthy of the phrase “Attache ta tuque!” which means get ready for action, according to Bill Casselman. As I typed the words it dawned on me that I should spell check the word. I’m not Canadian ya know, so I did a quick search to find the proper spelling. What I found was this very cool website: http://www.billcasselman.com/wording_room/tuque_canada_hat.htm Casselman provides a wonderful explanation and background for this new favorite item of mine!

Maybe you will enjoy it just as much as I did. It could offer you a wonderful distraction from the gusty winds (if they are a blowin’ in your neck of the woods). It could also motivate you to go buy or better yet, knit a tuque of your own, as we prepare full on for the change of weather.

So, however you are celebrating the weather, or cursing it tonight, it is my belief that a tuque will make it all better!

Keep Warm!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment