Sunday, February 12, 2012

This week's word: GOALS!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

Hi Friends! I hope this blog post finds you cozy, comfy and in a peace-filled state of mind. I’m preparing for a super busy week, one that is filled to the brim with “go”! I’m ready. I may not know EXACTLY what’s on the rise, though I’ll be prepared for it as much as possible. Looking down the barrel at the next five days, tomorrow is the only night that I don’t have some type of event or activity happening. Time management has become second nature and though the internal clock is always tickin’ I’m learning to find ways to enjoy myself as well.

This week’s word, (and I’d lourve your input!) is GOALS. I’ve been working through Marci Shimoff’s “Happy for No Reason” course as well as Paul Scheele’s Genius Code. I noticed that my goals/intentions are really “down to earth”. There was nothing earth shattering or impossible on my list. Just about everything I wrote down was “do-able”. Some goals will take time (that I currently don’t have an excessive amount of). Some goals will take money (quite a bit of it actually) but many of the goals that I hold are not that far out there. It’s not that I’m afraid to dream big, it IS that I know where I’m at right now, energetically, emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually, financially……

I’d gladly welcome a large sum of money landing in my lap (I’m sure Id find some way to channel it!) and yet, I know that my goals are “rich” and entail much more consideration than, “can I afford this?” Instead I ask, “is this the best way to use my time, talents and resources?”

My major goal right now is getting my master’s degree. I had no idea that I would ever travel down this path. I love reading. I love libraries. I love technology. What I’ve learned: enjoy the journey. Unlike other classes and experiences, I’m not trying to power through the requirements. I’m doing something every day to inch toward this goal. I’m settling in, enjoying the journey and absorbing all I can. Instead of focusing on “getting done” I’m focusing on doing what I need to do AND then TOTALLY FEEDING MY SOUL throughout the day. I tend to put myself last and one of my goals for 2012 is changing this up and doing something that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE daily...not just when I feel I have time to do it.

This week, I’ll contine focusing on goals, what I want to do, where I want to go, what I want to experience and what I’m willing to invest. Please join me. You’re invited to share what you’d like to do from here on. What is your greatest hope? What do you focus on every day? What have you committed to and what have you learned from this? How are you caring for yourself while working toward this goal?


Feel free to post here or on Facebook! I look forward to hearing about your experiences with GOALS!

No comments:

Post a Comment