Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not So Driven

 



I am the first to admit that I have great plans and great schemes for my future but I don’t see myself as a “driven person” or someone who is on a mission. My goal is to simply enjoy life and find happiness in everyday living. I am easily motivated and have lots of passions and projects that excite me but I’m not a fan of drama or complications. I love creating and crafting, I have fun finding new uses for old things. I have many, many experiences that I am ready to embrace and lots of places to go, people to see and goals to achieve, but that feels like its all on a little sabbatical at the moment. Sleep has become one of my secret fantasies, and sitting on the couch with my feet up just about makes me quiver. My busy schedule and the continual juggling of responsibilities leaves me fantasizing about a few things; what would it be like to spend an entire day reading or knitting or ...........? Well I can’t say that on here, my children could read this someday! Since I feel like I’ve been moving at the speed of light, I’ll just say I am ready to sit for a spell with little to do.

I get that there will always be chores around here. The laundry never ends, the dishes continue to get dirty, kids need fed, animals need tended to, kids need fed, husband needs help outside, kids need fed, the dogs make messes to clean up, kids need fed, socks need washed, groceries need bought and put away………you get the idea. I think this cowgirl is ready for a real retreat somewhere in the mountains or by the beach, maybe back at Yellowstone Lake, any place where the only thing I have to do is get up and smile or maybe not get up until noon! (now that is really turning me on!)

I love my day job but I know that it will end in the not so distant future. Working outside the home is giving me a broader perspective of what I want to do when I am no longer getting up at the crack of dawn to walk dogs, feed kids, throw in a load of laundry, tidy up the kitchen and then spend the day teaching and pick up where I left off at 7:45 am! Hummm....... I wonder what I should do next? What fun project is waiting ‘round the bend? Gosh there I go again, I can’t help it, motivation is there, its just a little hidden! I guess it doesn’t matter much since all I want to do right now is a little bit of nothing. Bring on the campfires, tunes, friends, food and fun. I think I’ll start there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment