Friday, July 17, 2009

Birthday Gifts & Summer Storms




So the Universe had different plans for me. I am not writing to you from fun and sunny Cheyenne, I am here at home. Not where I thought I would be and definitely where I am supposed to be. I have to say I was a bit disappointed until I realized that caring for sick children would be much easier in the comfort and spaciousness of our home versus a small (cozy) camp trailer.

I celebrated my 37 years of existence by doing what I do best, being a mom and taking care of others. I was deeply blessed with cuddles, smiles and lots of hug of appreciation birthday calls and messages throughout the day and the first produce from my garden! Parker and I feasted on fresh crispy cukes with ranch dressing, salt and pepper. YUMMY!

Though I was really ready to travel I deeply appreciate what being home does. I feel such a sense of peace and tranquility. This is the first year my corn crop has been taller than the weeds, I can see my bean plants and I actually have some decent onions. I will be writing about my wanna be "green thumb" soon; I have a post that I think you'll all enjoy. My creative vibrations are gaining in intensity since I haven't been focused on traveling. My sewing machine is ready for pick up, I have a market bag to make (with duct tape and staples) many pictures to place in scrapbooks and more food idea to play with. My favorite one this week is neapolitan-style pizza dough, from the book Kneadlessly Simple by Nancy Baggett (again YUM!)


For today though, we'll take a break from our work. We will celebrate my birthday with a trip to North Platte and an afternoon movie. I have fresh whole wheat bread and dipping oil all ready to go for supper and an angel food cake to sweeten up the night. The day is calm, quiet and deeply refreshing. We've had three rain showers already. I think I will just leave those sopping wet pants on the deck for one more day!

No comments:

Post a Comment