Monday, January 21, 2013

What I really love

I took this picture during a very frigid outing. Normally I wouldn't have so boldly ventured outdoors in such cold weather, but I felt a strong urge to be in the canyon, to commune with nature, fresh air, trees, earth and sky.

It's easy to set aside such subtle yearnings in lieu of unfinished items on my to do list but I'm learning to listen. Laundry will never be completely done, no matter how much I wipe the counters they will still collect dust and crumbs, a perfectly warm windless day in Nebraska, in January is rare. I might as well sped less time doing what I think I have to and more timing doing what I really love. I love gazing out across the rough grass that leads to the sanctuary of our canyon. I adore staring into the ocean of a deep blue sky, letting my thoughts drift peacefully, rolling along in the recesses of my mind. Here I find my anchor, my still point, my soul. Rumi's words echo within my heart vibrations; "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."



No comments:

Post a Comment