Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So Close........Yet Still Far Away!

 

 

 

 


It is days like this that I love, ones laced with brilliant sunshine and enough warmth that I don’t curse the minute I step outside the door. Such days remind me spring IS around the corner, and I don't need a definite calendar date anymore to give me hope (Nebraska weather is like a reaching into a bag of jellybelly jelly beans......you just don't know what you'll end up with!) I realize I am probably being beleaguered here but that’s ok, I’m game!

Winter hasn’t been nearly as hard on me this year. I am finding the comforts of hearth and home deeply nourishing. Knitting and good books have filled in the gaps where gardening and golfing once resided. It’s close enough now I can start to dream again of laying in my hammock, relaxing by a campfire, gazing at the stars and moon, puttering in my garden and playing golf on Tuesday nights with the girls. Good times ahead!

Soon these drab, dreary, dry, brown hills near Wells Canyon will be sprouting green shoots and I simply can’t wait! I don’t love spring. Spring means mud; I do appreciate the season of spring though because this is how we get to summer, and summer, well, I melt just thinking about it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment