Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Long Awaited....Dilly Bean Recipe!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4


Hi Friends,

You may have noticed I've taken a little time away lately. The summer's rolled herself into August and we find that a new school year is just around the corner. Chad skipped a few rodeos and I gave up a little golf playing to spend a few days with our children before they start back to school next week.

I'll be posting more frequently as we settle into a routine. I say that with a little "tongue in cheek" because we never accomplished what remotely resembled a routine last year!

I've had several lovely peeps inquire about my dill bean recipe and so with out further delay, I fired up the ol 'puter today to post it on the blog. ENJOY! It's a favorite 'round these parts! I recently canned 25 pints. That should keep us stocked til....Christmas!

Dilly Beans
2lbs of fresh, tender green beans
cayenne pepper
4 cloves garlic peeled (I had at least two per jar because we all like garlic)
4 heads fresh dill or 2 t. dill weed
2 t. mustard seed
2 1/2 c. white vinegar
2 1/2 c. water
1/4 c. canning salt
*jalapeno or other peppers to give it a lil zing!

Wash tender beans, string if using that kind. Leave benas whole, trimming to fit jar; pack lengthwise into hot sterilzed pint jars. In each jar, add one dash cayenne pepper, one or two cloves garlic, one head of dill, and 1/2 tsp mustard seed. Combine the vinegar, mwater and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour thi over the beans, filling to within 1/2" of the top. Seal immediately. Process in hot water bath for 10 minutes. Beans should stand in sealed jars at least 2 weeks before serving.

I also add dried peppers, whatever variety I have on hand.

PS If you know my brother or my cousin, Austin...you may want to hide them! hee hee Just kidding boys! Glad you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment