Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Time, Right?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1


Cowboy Quote of the Day: “Take nothing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There’s no better rule.” ~Charles Dickens


Happy First Day of Summer! For this sun-loving girl, I sure am bummed that I woke up to high winds and 56 degree temps. Brrrr! This is certainly not the way I had envisioned the first day of my favorite season.

What’s your ideal vision of summer? Mind involves a plush green, freshly mowed yard, (I secretly love the smell of cut grass), a hammock and a good book. Summer to me is fireflies and campfires flickering in a sultry, drawn out evening. Summer is rocking on the glider and staring at the moon and stars, wondering how I got so lucky to be right here. It’s the time when I get up with the sun, not because I have to but because it shines right on my face and gentle reminds me that a new day is on its way. Summer is slowly winding throughout the day, choosing what I will do or not do, focusing on nature and all of her splendor. Summer is crickets chirping, sprinklers running and weeds growing faster than my garden. Summer is laughter and lazy afternoons that wink at me and pretend to last forever. Summer always exists in my mind but I’m grateful when it finally becomes reality. Like the blossom of a flower, it’s short lived but I enjoy every moment and savor it like ice cream.

So it’s a couple of days behind. I’ve waited this long, a few more days probably won’t hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment